An Apostille, issued by the Illinois Secretary of State, certifies the authenticity of educational documents being submitted to foreign countries.
Upon request, The Office of the University Registrar can provide a notarized transcript or certified copy of a diploma.
$25.00 for up to 3 documents; $5 for each additional document. Check or money order should be made payable to University of Chicago.
To request certification of your University of Chicago documents, please follow the instructions listed below:
- Completed Request for Certification of Documents
- Completed Secretary of State Application for Apostille
- A separate check or money order, payable to Secretary of State, in the appropriate amount. ($2 per document that need Apostille certification)*
- A copy of the document(s) to be certified by the Office of the University Registrar. Transcripts can be ordered online and marked “Hold for Pick-up.” Be sure to indicate that your order is part of an Apostille request in the Special Instructions field when placing your order. You must provide a clean, black & white photocopy of your official diploma.
- A separate check or money order, payable to University of Chicago, in the appropriate amount. (See fee information above.)*
- A pre-addressed, postage-paid express mail, priority mail, Federal Express, or United Parcel Service envelope for the Secretary of State to use when sending the completed document(s) you requested for Apostille certification.
- Mail the applicable item(s) to the address listed below:
Office of the University Registrar
1427 East 60th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60637
*Important Note: The check or money order for the Secretary of State must be separate from the check or money order for the University of Chicago. Including all payments together will delay processing and may result in returned payment.