Apostille and/or Certification
Upon request, The Office of the University Registrar can provide a notarized transcript or certified copy of a diploma.
If necessary, an Apostille can be issued by the Illinois Secretary of State, certifying the authenticity of educational documents being submitted to foreign countries.
$25.00 for up to 3 documents; $5 for each additional document. Check or money order should be made payable to University of Chicago.
$2.00 for each certified document. Check or money order should be made payable to Secretary of State.
To request certification of your University of Chicago documents, please follow the instructions below and submit the following:
- Completed Request for Certification of Documents
- Completed Secretary of State Application for Apostille
- A copy of the document(s) to be certified by the Office of the University Registrar. Transcripts can be ordered online; please order a Paper Transcript and select the In-Person pick-up option and email email@example.com with your document ID number and indicate it is for an Apostille order. You must provide a clean, black & white photocopy of your official diploma.
- A separate check or money order, payable to Secretary of State, in the appropriate amount. (See fee information above)
- A separate check or money order, payable to University of Chicago, in the appropriate amount. (See fee information above)
- A pre-addressed, postage-paid express mail, priority mail, Federal Express, or United Parcel Service envelope for the Secretary of State to use when sending the completed Apostille certification document(s) back to you.
- Mail the applicable item(s) to the address listed below:
Office of the University Registrar
1427 East 60th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60637
*Please Note: The check or money order for the Secretary of State must be separate from the check or money order for the University of Chicago. Incorrect payment(s) will delay processing the request and may result in returned payment.