The Office of the University Registrar facilitates faculty teaching, student learning, and institutional research. As the stewards of student data, academic systems, and central classrooms, we provide service to all faculty, students, administrators, and alumni. We seek to demonstrate through action a commitment to building community at the University of Chicago.
The Office of the University Registrar will be closed or have reduced hours on the following schedule:
- Tuesday, Dec. 16: Office closed until 12:30pm.
- Wednesday, Dec. 17: Office closes at 1:30pm.
- Friday, Dec. 19: Office closes at 11:30am.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24: Office closes at noon.
- Thursday, Dec. 25: Office closed for Christmas Holiday.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31: Office closes at noon.
- Thursday, Jan. 1: Office closed for New Year's Holiday.
Updating your taxpayer identification number
Higher educational institutions, including the University of Chicago, must include students’ taxpayer identification numbers (TIN) on any information returns filed by the institution with the IRS. For most students, this is their United States Social Security Number (SSN) or, if not eligible for an SSN, it will be their Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). To update your TIN, follow the steps below.
Grade Roster Updates
Beginning in Summer 2014, instructors will see two grade rosters in Faculty Access for each of their courses, a Graduating Students roster and an All Students roster.