CeDiploma Benefits & Features
The University of Chicago offers Certified Electronic Diplomas (CeDiploma) for graduates from Spring 2017 and later!
- More than a paper credential
- An official, portable and verifiable electronic version of your accomplishment that can be shared for a lifetime
- Better than an eDiploma
- Each CeDiploma holds a 12-digit CeDiD*
- Using Validation Services, your CeDiD is the key to your credential information for employers, agencies and more …
- Different from a transcript
- Unlimited sharing with employers, family, friends and social media
- Similar value as a transcript as proof of education, but shows only the important details
- Simple for employers and organizations to read and understand
- Enhances your resume
- Provide your CeDiD* and School URL on your resume to highlight your achievement and expedite the verification process for potential employers.
*CeDiD (Certified Electronic Document Identifier)
1) Diploma Validation Page: To ensure the credential information is valid, a CeDiploma or CeCertificate shold be validated through the School’s website using a 12-digit Certified Electronic Document ID (CeDiD), along with the first two letters of the name as it appears on the document.
2) Digital Signature: Each CeDiploma and CeCertificate is digitally signed by CeCredential Trust. When the document is viewed through Adobe Reader or Acrobat versions 9.0 or higher, it will reveal that a Digital Signature has been applied to the document. Adobe Reader® and Acrobat® use a blue ribbon across the top of the document to indicate that the document has not been tampered with, and is therefore authentic.
Attn. Mac users: When viewing an official electronic credential from the University of Chicago, the software utilizes Adobe’s secure certified PDF technology and therefore may only be viewed using the free Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat 9.0 or higher. The default Mac preview application will not display the document correctly.
- Each CeDiploma and/or CeCertificate can be independently validated through the CeDiploma Validation website by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is Digitally Signed and encrypted such that it is trusted and more readily accepted.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any further questions, or need additional help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For all inquiries, we ask that you kindly include the CeDiD and the name of the Alumni as it appears on the credential. You can also visit CeCredential Trust for more information or review the CeCredential FAQ’s.