Veterans Educational Benefits

Veterans in Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33 (both Yellow Ribbon & non-Yellow Ribbon), 35, 1606 & 1607 who need an enrollment certification sent to the Veterans Administration should complete the Veteran Benefit Information and Application Form (for first time requests). Your quarterly certifications will be reported based on the number of units in which you are enrolled. Additionally, any student receiving benefits under a public law should be aware that missing, incomplete, or unsatisfactory course grades must be reported to the Veterans Administration by the University Registrar and could result in the loss of benefits.

The University of Chicago is participating in the educational initiative for post-9/11 servicemen and women in partnership with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, called the Yellow Ribbon Education Enhancement Program. The Yellow Ribbon Program is part of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 (commonly known as Chapter 33).

Participation by Academic Division or School: Click here to see the University of Chicago’s participation in the Yellow Ribbon Education Enhancement Program by academic division and school for the 2023-24 academic year.

Application Process: For the 2023-24 academic year, applicants must have been admitted and confirmed intent to enroll into an academic program. The following steps must be completed:

  1. Complete the Veteran Benefit Information and Application Form*
  2. Submit Veteran Benefit Information and Application Form, Certificate of Eligibility, and DD 214 (veterans only), to:

Veteran’s Services
Office of the University Registrar
1427 East 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60637

You may also fax your documents to 773-702-3562 or email them to

Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm (CT).

*Students currently receiving Yellow Ribbon benefits do not need to submit a new application.